Unwinding Camps

Junkburt
So in the book, when Connor and Risa arrive, the book says that the camp is even more horrible because it is so cheery. What do you think, would you rather have the days leading up to your unwinding be filled with volleyball, or intense labor and cruelty? Plus, would you rather be unwound without notice (more without a scheduled date), or would you rather know when you surgery was like Lev?

Re: Unwinding Camps

R.B.L
Well, I wouldn't be playing any type of sport. I'd be playing fiddler on the roof and the day they'd come to unwind me, I'd be jumping.
A volte deragliare il treno del pensiero non รจ una brutta cosa.

Re: Unwinding Camps

JenniferWholly
Same here. While I suppose sports might be more pleasant for some, I could NOT be less athletic. (I don't think they do modern dance, LOL.) I'd take Dalton the bassist's route: I'd rock out on the piano until they came for me, then I'd jump off and break every bone in my body. Anyways, about the date, while I wouldn't want to be a tithe, (really, who would?), I'd like to know the date of my unwinding, just so I could tie up any loose ends. You know, tell the proper people I loved them and stuff. :-)
"Sometimes the only sane answer to an insane world is insanity."
-Fox Mulder, The X-Files

Re: Unwinding Camps

MaybeRisa
For me, playing volleyball is cruelty. So...I'm not really sure. Maybe I would break into the kitchens and eat as much as I wanted and not care a bit. Yeah, I like that idea.

Re: Unwinding Camps

sanfranhan99
If I had run away from my unwinding but then been caught, I would like them to leave me to myself so I could plan my sneaking out with the other Unwinds to freedom, some what like Mai, Lev, and Blaine. Like a plan set up before hand

Re: Unwinding Camps

Storm
I'd probably would rather know when they would unwind me so I would have a chance to at least enjoy my last days....Probably try to get sick on purpose since they can't unwind you if your sick right? ...Or if I didn't succeed that when they came for me...I'd probably ask for one more bathroom break and instead...I'd find a way to cause enough harm to myself that they can't unwind me but not enough to kill me.
Or cause a clapper panic...
~`~`Storm~`~

Re: Unwinding Camps

Kristina :D
I'd rather them just be horrible to me. Making me feel all warm and fuzzy only to dice me up into a million pieces would just be so much sicker.

Re: Unwinding Camps

Leighagirl
If I knew I was getting Unwound, I would totally just do whatever I wanted... I mean... what are they going to do, unwind me? I'd just get unwound quicker, which is better than waiting in torture to find out when they're going to come to you and say "Come with me, it's time." I'd rather do something bad and KNOW when I was going to get unwound... Am I wrong here?

Re: Unwinding Camps

Storm
Nope I agree with you.

I would probably do something similar.

Only maybe...Ten times worse...(Makes you wonder if automatic unwinding is done if you punch a tithe in the face and break their nose.)

Either way I'd be jumping or hurting myself to keep from getting unwound.
~`~`Storm~`~

Re: Unwinding Camps

ItsThatTyGuy
I would much rather go in right away for Unwinding, or at least be treated horribly.  I would have an emotional meltdown if they were making us live out our last days doing fun, relaxing activities like nothing is wrong.

Re: Unwinding Camps

HanaRose30
I feel I would like to know way ahead of time, so I could try to put things in order, although I don't think I would tell everyone, only the important people. I don't think I could be able to handle how people would look at me. I would like to say I would try to escape with that added time, but I really don't know. I find it really hard to consider myself being unwound. I would rather be treated cruelly, without there being any false pretenses.