Undivded discussion (SPOILERS ABOUND!)

12

Undivded discussion (SPOILERS ABOUND!)

Storm
For those who finished Undivided, let's let it rip...Just don't go ripping anyone apart with a UNIS.

First... I'll start off with just... WOW. Hit the ground running...Had me hating Argent from chapter one, and then when he redeems himself it's like...Wow.

Also...UNIS... Can I just say how effing CREEPY that thing was!? I would love to take a sledgehammer to that thing and whack it until it can't talk anymore.

And Divan...Divan, Divan, Divan...My god I can't believe I hate someone more then I hated Starkey! And I know we all wanted Mason Michael Starkey's Death!

Speaking of....

I actually cried when we finally got what we wanted. QAQ It didn't feel good...IT HURT.
~`~`Storm~`~

Re: Undivded discussion (SPOILERS ABOUND!)

candycornhorn
so glad that miracolina re-appeared, even if it's at the very end. MIRACOLEV IS CANON.

i actually freaked out a bit in the chapter when lev was getting shot-- that "enough to do the job" thing was a massive death flag but i guess lev is better at ripping death flags apart than the story is at setting em up.

i found the part where nelson was getting unwound in UNIS kinda funny because "hello jackass dirtbag /machine voice"

Re: Undivded discussion (SPOILERS ABOUND!)

Storm
Well Lev does seem to attract trouble wherever he goes.

I dunno I thought it was a little funny about the jackass dirtbag... But getting Unwound, by a cheery robot without painkillers sounds like pure torture. Honestly the whole UNIS concept freaked me out. Even more so that Divan has no qualms in taking kids who were probably not even going to be Unwound.. (The french speaking girl, seems since Unwinding seems exclusive to the US, Divan has other kids kidnapped from all over) Honestly, if there's a Novella to pick up with him I'd like to see him unwound as well.
~`~`Storm~`~

Re: Undivded discussion (SPOILERS ABOUND!)

WarriorsCats777
So glad to hear I'm not the only one crazy enough to read 380+ pages in a single day! Was waiting for this book for 2 years!

Nelson got what he deserved but I can't imagine the pain of being unwound with the pain.

Connor was about to enter his house like twice but kept getting taken away was like "I wonder what will happen" and then bam, "oh sorry wait another 20 chapters." Lol

I expected Hayden or Lev to die, but I'm glad they didn't.

And the face piano that Risa was forced to play scared me to hell.

Everything ended well though except for poor Starkey. Great read and hopefully we get a sequel (novella) to this though.
e-o

Re: Undivded discussion (SPOILERS ABOUND!)

e-o
What a way to end it all. I like how Neal did not tie it up with a nice pretty bow, but with a messy riot. Yet, he gave us hope for the future through Connor reuniting with his parents.

Lev always had me on the edge of my seat, and rooting for him the whole way. Connor had me so worried at the UnWinding scene. I was trying not cry in class. I was truly terrified and had goosebumps. Risa, awesome as always.

And also, Way To Go Grace Skinner!!!!! She is just awesome, and way underestimated.

The UNIS freaked me out as well. But I could see Divans(wow, what a character) point in him being more humane than the Burmese Dah Zey.

I needed to finish it, but now Ive got PUWDD. (Post UnWind Dystology Depression)*sigh*

....Now onto the movie!

Re: Undivded discussion (SPOILERS ABOUND!)

Storm
Connor's Unwinding was surreal for me, the way it wasn't described like Roland's was... It was just... He was there one minute... Gone the next... It felt like part of me got ripped out... Been riding this rollercoaster since I was a fourteen year old stubborn manga addict... I don't think I'll ever be able to listen to "Funkytown" AGAIN. O___e;; "Won't you take me to... Funky town?"

Gracie... She became one of my new favorites, I just loved her character arc, she's so adorable but bad-ass too. I wanna draw her one of these days, just cause. >w< Did anyone else picture her with a southern accent or was it just me?

I got PUWDD too, I've called it The Void but I like PUWDD too....XD;; I'm torn... Dive into my horror books that have been sitting for weeks cause I couldn't think about anything BUT UnDivided... Or find something else.... I feel sort of... Unwound now. XD

Face piano..FACE PIANO....Oh my gosh I hope no one draws that...OAe;; That was TOO freaky and the Bonsai Men...*Shudder* If Divan is more humane then I'd hate to see what he'd bring to a fight in a dark alley. Maybe a porta-UNIS?
~`~`Storm~`~

Re: Undivded discussion (SPOILERS ABOUND!)

Storm
Also something I gotta add on the Divan note... I couldn't stop picturing him looking like Castor/Zeus from TRON Legacy... I kept waiting for him to say: "Change the scheme alter the mood, electrify the boys and girls if you would be SO kind." but I guess for him it' be: "Change the UNIS, alter the suits, unwind the boys and girls if you would be so kind."
~`~`Storm~`~
e-o

Re: Undivded discussion (SPOILERS ABOUND!)

e-o
Do you think Neal intended Connors unwinding to be different than Rolands, or that it just turned out that way after he wrote it? I couldnt find the word to describe it because of my total loss for words, but surreal is a good one. Since 14? Oh my! Im lucky. I read UnWind and UnWholly in a week and then a few weeks later UnSouled came out. I didnt have that huge gap between UnWind and Unwholly.

I heard Grace with a southern accent as well! (In my head of course) You should draw her. :)

I feel Unwound as well....it does not feel good. ;)

That face piano freaked me out!!!! Where does Neal come up with this stuff? I actually had a nightmare about that. I know if I were in Risas shoes I wouldve just thrown up right then and there.

e-o

And the Bonzai men...*shudders* I felt so bad for them. Their exsistance is just sad...even if they deserve it. I mean to just be there for the rest of your life...stuck... nothing to look forward to.

Re: Undivded discussion (SPOILERS ABOUND!)

candycornhorn

well since this is the spoileriffic thread i figured it would be okay to upload this (someone remind me to start drawing lev with a kinkajou on his shoulders)

i think this is what these two would look like in their fairly normal(?) long distance relationship after end of undivided lol

according to the book description the tattoos look kinda like war paint so that's how i drew it. of course there's no way i'm gonna attempt to hand-letter all that stuff so squiggles will do.

(on top of that miracolina's hairstyle as i drew it here is looks like sanae kochiya from touhou but anyway)

Re: Undivded discussion (SPOILERS ABOUND!)

Lexi
I was just totally creeped out cuz seemed like everyone was getting unwound by Divan's goddamn UNIS thing.
e-o

Re: Undivded discussion (SPOILERS ABOUND!)

e-o
Yeah it was like one kid after another...

Re: Undivded discussion (SPOILERS ABOUND!)

Lexi
Well there was Argent(sort of), then Starkey, then Connor, then Nelson... like WHOA

Re: Undivded discussion (SPOILERS ABOUND!)

Storm
Too bad Divan himself didn't get a taste of that. If Argent tricked Divan into it, well... He could steal his face. Morbid yes but quite possibly.

Or since Nelson got unwound by UNIS... Maybe Argent took his face back?

~`~`Storm~`~

Re: Undivded discussion (SPOILERS ABOUND!)

WhollyTrinity
Still crying over Una's wedding and Cam forgiving Connor and LEV oh my GOD when he got those tattoos I was like ??? ????? Then when I thought about it more it was pretty cool. Tragic. But cool.
And imagining Argent with a "whole" face is still sickening considering what it's been through. The face, I mean.

Re: Undivded discussion (SPOILERS ABOUND!)

Cody73
I'm upset that Starkey and Argent (presumably) were killed. His death need not occurred, and Connor aka Shusterman knew it. Connor could've saved him. Argent's death was just sad. I wanted to know what happened, especially with the whole face thing. Besides that, I really loved the book.

Re: Undivded discussion (SPOILERS ABOUND!)

SuperLevi
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Undivded discussion (SPOILERS ABOUND!)

Storm (too lazy to log in right now)
Um... Argent didn't die. He survived, he's just waiting for a new face. It was NELSON who was Unwound painfully without anesthesia.

And dude... Starkey kind of had to die... He was the ONE character I'd still be mad at if he had lived... If you even check the Goodreads page there's a bunch of people saying Starkey should be unwound.

Re: Undivded discussion (SPOILERS ABOUND!)

Cody73
It was kinda a mute point with the way they just left Argent. Risa said he didn't make it out to Connor though (did anyone else catch that?), so that's why I thought he was dead.  MY BAD.

People need to quit the Starkey hate. Starkey is a awesome character. He's psycho, but I feel more sorry for him than angry at him. Storks seem to be the teen disabled people in this universe. To quote a fave book series of mine, Animorphs:

“Let me tell you something,” she said. There was no anger or bitterness in her voice. “A disabled kid is like the kitten who becomes a cat. You’re a kitten, everybody wants to pet you and play with you. You get a little older, you’re just a nuisance. Some of the people here haven’t been home in years.”

Same kinda with storked babies. They are with a family, but never really feel like part of the family/society. I really feel like Starkey is smarter than people give him credit for too.

Re: Undivded discussion (SPOILERS ABOUND!)

WhollyTrinity
I AGREE OMG
I loved how complex he was as a character, his twisted ideas simply reflecting how far a human is willing to go to complete what they think their destiny is. I loved whenever, early on especially, someone would make a joke and we'd see a glimpse of his childhood, how he was a boy scout who was bullied into the sociopath he'd one day become.
12