So...Unwholly

ItsThatTyGuy
This post was updated on .
The sequel is coming out this fall.  Has anyone heard any news on it yet?  And what are you hoping will happen in it?

Re: So...Unwholly

Kristina :D
The sequel is coming out this fall?  Has anyone heard any news on it yet?  And what are you hoping will happen in it?

I haven't heard anything about it =/
I hope it picks up where they left off and I'm sort of expecting for Risa to become someone of importance to the resistance with a high enough position that it's an office type job since she can't really run away from people while she's in a wheelchair...

Re: So...Unwholly

jayrod
Neal Shusterman has a facebook page. He already received the advanced reading copy today. Yes, it will come out in the fall

Re: So...Unwholly

ItsThatTyGuy
I'm re-reading Unwind since it's been a while.  I wouldn't mind it it's a new story, but I would like it to either directly continue to the original, or tie-in somewhere/somehow.

Re: So...Unwholly

Kristina :D
A tie-in story would be cool since it would offer a new perspective on the situation.

Re: So...Unwholly

Kristine
There are people that have advanced copies. I really wish I had one x_x If I still volunteered at the library, I'd have one. I got to read Everwild that way months before I could actually buy it. The typos made me cringe and sometimes cry (lol English major problems), but it was fantastic. I want Unwholly now. Now, now, now.

Neal, you'll be my #1 Favorite Author (OVER J.K. ROWLING, SO THIS IS BIG, OKAY) if you send me one. I'd be more than happy to give an early review XD

But um anyway. I'm actually hoping we get a whole new cast. While I think Risa and Connor should play smaller parts, I do want to know what's up with Lev. When will/did he leave custody? What did he do afterwards?

Re: So...Unwholly

ItsThatTyGuy
Dang I would have killed for one of those advanced copies!

Re: So...Unwholly

LegitUnwindLover
I found an article on goodreads.com that said...
"In a society where unwanted and troublesome teens are salvaged for their body parts, Connor, Risa and Lev continue to fight against the system that would 'unwind' them. Thanks to their high-profile revolt at the Happy Jack Harvest Camp, people can no longer turn a blind eye to unwinding. Ridding society of so-called troublesome teens might be convenient, but its morality has finally been brought into question and a new law passed. However, unwinding has become big business, and there are powerful political and corporate interests, not to mention the illegal 'Parts Pirates', that want to see it not only continue, but expand.
Connor, Risa and Lev each struggle to rescue as many AWOL teens as possible and offer them sanctuary. But life at the Graveyard is hard, rivalries bubble under the surface and the cracks are beginning to show.
And then there is Cam, a teen who does not exist. Made entirely out of parts from one hundred other 'unwinds', Cam is a 21st century Frankenstein, a rewound, struggling to find a true identity and meaning, and a place in society. But when a sadistic bounty hunter who takes "trophies" from all the 'unwinds' he captures starts to pursue Connor, Lev and Risa, Cam finds his own fate inextricably bound with theirs…"
Personally, I think it sounds AMAZING and having read Unwind, I'm sure Neal won't disappoint(:

Re: So...Unwholly

joshschoff
Wow that Cam part sounds insane! Can't wait for Unwholly!

Re: So...Unwholly

ItsThatTyGuy
I hope that's accurate cause that sounds crazy good!

Re: So...Unwholly

HanaRose30
I was nervous at first when hearing there would be a sequel, because there is nothing worse than an unnecessary continuation of a book, but it looks like the book is going to give us new ways to look at the world it creates as well as great additional information! I'm excited.

I wonder how the Cam thing came to be, and how people would be okay with building a person out of unwinds, especially after what happened at Happy Jack's.

Re: So...Unwholly

Leighagirl
I think that UnWholly's release date is August 28th, a couple days before school starts... HOW WILL I STAND THE AGONY! Just kidding, but really... I wish Risa got a new spine:( Sadness, though she is pretty awesome... I wonder what will happen to her in UnWholly... and I've seen the cover for UnWholly, and it's really kinda creepy... Thanks for the nightmares, Shusterman.

Re: So...Unwholly

sanfranhan99
Unwholly will be good, I was wondering what Connor is going to do to fight unwinding... I've tried writing my own mini sequel, but I wonder what Shusterman will do.

Re: So...Unwholly

ItsThatTyGuy
August 28th?  Great, second day of class for me! -_- I probably won't even have time to read it until Christmas then.  #CollegeProblems lol

Re: So...Unwholly

R.B.L
Hey you know there's a twitter page for UnWholly, right? If you follow it, he's giving out copies and teasers until the book comes out.

UnWholly_Unwind
A volte deragliare il treno del pensiero non è una brutta cosa.