Perspective

Junkburt
So in the book, each chapter is written from a different point of view. When they make the movie, do you think they should stick with that, or should they take a different approach? If so, how should they film it instead?

Re: Perspective

MaybeRisa
Well, when the 3 characters are together, the filmmakers don't need to switch between points of view. But when Lev is separated from the others, they'll have to follow him as a separate character, show things from his view a bit more. I don't think the style of filming should change much, though; I'd like it to stay consistent throughout the movie. There are better ways to convey characters' traits than switching the way a camera is held or something like that.

Sorry if that didn't make sense to anyone else.

Re: Perspective

Kristina :D
^ I understand what you're saying and I completely agree. If it's not completely needed to switch camera perspectives they shouldn't or it'll just become annoying.

Re: Perspective

ItsThatTyGuy
Well since Connor and Risa are together for like pretty much the whole thing, it's easy to do their perspectives together.  And when Lev is with them, the same applies.  Once he separates, they can just cut to him for a while, then back to Connor and Risa's story.  No special style would be need to differentiate between any perspectives (except possibly Roland's when he's being Unwound).  It should be just as easy as any other movie with multiple stories going on.