OT: Love triangles

MaybeRisa
Something I noticed about love triangles is that the new love interest almost always wins. The childhood friend or the romantic interest who been friends with the main character the longest hardly ever is the one the main character chooses.

Examples:
--Hunger Games
--Twilight (sorry to bring that book up, it's just an example!)
--Uglies
--Matched
--City of Bones
--Titanic
--Pirates of the Caribbean

...And plenty more. Can anyone think of a love triangle where the childhood friend wins? 'Cause I honestly couldn't...

Re: OT: Love triangles

Kristina :D
hmmm... well Harry Potter temporarily had a love triangle with Hermione, Ron, and Viktor Krum.

Re: OT: Love triangles

MaybeRisa
I suppose Ron won in the end. There weren't many love triangles in Harry Potter, which I certainly appreciate!

Re: OT: Love triangles

Kristina :D
Me too! In general I'm not a fan of love triangles. They could be okay (like in the hunger games) but I feel like they often take away from the actual plot of the story..

Re: OT: Love triangles

HanaRose30
Yeah, and some people get carried away with them. Hunger Games was pretty good about it and didn't let the book become about the love triangle, but a lot of people wanted to see it that way.

Re: OT: Love triangles

jesbelz
yeah j,k rowling knew what she was doing took the pressure off at the cast. lets the kids cjust kids on set. . well i want tyler james as cyfi that's my pik. everyone pik theirs sand we settle or we need to et out of pre production and is the script wrpte writter. maybe we should partner with dual star they know what he hell do their doing. we could havr roaww james eliabath by mary kate and ashley produce the wardrobes. and gary oldmen i just want him the mpovie. he hasn't done a movie like this is.