My Risa Audition

Sequoia
https://youtu.be/xADg-APXr2E

Hey everyone! This took me a little while to get up but I am super satisfied with the results. I'll be doing an Ariana scene next. Also, if anyone is interested in a collaboration read please let me know? Critique away! <3

╎♔ Sequoia K .

Re: My Risa Audition

Emily Gulley
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: My Risa Audition

EmmaJoy
You sounded so natural! Great job! Maybe on some parts just vary your emotion a little more. Sometimes I felt like I was losing some attention to what you were saying. Having different levels of intensity can really capture your audience (if you've ever seen Sherlock on BBC, Andrew Scott got the role of Moriarty by having such a change in emotion in the line "that's what people DO!" The casting directors said everyone else kept the line the same tone and level until Scott did that. They said it left them in silence and he got the role because of it.) otherwise fantastic job!

Re: My Risa Audition

Sequoia
Thank you for the honesty. I've done quite a few takes and I always find that I either blink way too much or not enough. It's something I need to work on for sure! I'll take it into filming my next video. c:

╎♔ Sequoia K .

Re: My Risa Audition

Sequoia
@EmmaJoy, Thank you for the tip! I will try the variations in tone in my next video. I appreciate the comments! <3

╎♔ Sequoia K .

Re: My Risa Audition

Sarah2233
Really good video!  Other than Emily's and Emma's comments, I don't have any complaints.  I do want to add though that you pulled off a tough persona well, and maybe you could try reading as Bam in a video?  Just curious to see:)

Re: My Risa Audition

Sequoia
@Sarah2233, Thank you! I appreciate the feedback. I would love to read for Bam but I've been having a hard time finding a good pick for her in the text. If anyone has any good Bam monologues they wouldn't mind sharing I'd be able to film a read for her sooner (after ariana and alexis). It's okay if not, I'll share all the monologues/reads that I've chosen for characters up on the board Cimone made just as soon as I've finished with them! <3

╎♔ Sequoia K .

Re: My Risa Audition

Cimone
Which board is that? Nice job playing Risa! I don't have anything to add to the critiques above. You look sort of young, so maybe you can play Alexis instead of the stork-mother. I'll probably make a Bam monologue soon. You could also try the part in UnSouled where Bam yells at Starkey for the thing that happens with the three girls.

Re: My Risa Audition

guitargirl13
Really enjoyed your monologue! Can't wait to see what other ones you do. :)
Allons-y!

Re: My Risa Audition

Sequoia
@Cimone, It's called something like 'a place to type out shared monologues' or something like that. Once I type some up I'll be posting there for others to use. Also, thank you kindly. I really love all your reads. The collabs you do with Emily and Sarah are my favorites! It makes me feel like I'm actually watching a scene from the movie. You're all so talented. And I was looking into that specific part yesterday actually! I'm probably going to hold off on doing it though because if we're doing a deadline for the polls I'm going to need to get out my Risa and Ariana required monologues! You do a great job on the monologues by the way. I hope that I can write some just as good! I've never done any of this stuff before really so it's all new and a little scary sometimes, ha ha. I'm just praying my backdrops get here on time because I ordered some to make my videos a little more professional and they still haven't come.

@guitargirl13, Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! I just watched one of the Mai monologues you read and omg. I left a comment on there so I'm pretty sure it's bumped up to the top of the forms... but you should for sure do the required read for her! You're a lovely actress.

╎♔ Sequoia K .

Re: My Risa Audition

jesbelz
how old do you need to play RIsa