Just how big?

yasmine
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Just how big?

ItsThatTyGuy
Well it is being made by independent producers, but that doesn't mean it couldn't end up in theaters.  And since not that meany people know about the book (at least I don't think since hardly anyone I know has heard of it) I'm sure that once people saw trailers it would start to generate buzz.  It also would depend on the cast as to if it would draw a lot of hype and attention.

Re: Just how big?

Kristina :D
I think the fact that the cast will most likely be filled with unknowns + the fact that a lot of people associate the story with The Hunger Games will generate a lot of buzz and land it in theatres. I mean Paranormal Activity was an indie film and their 3rd installment ended up smashing opening weekend records for a horror film so anything is possible :D

Re: Just how big?

MaybeRisa
It has the possibility to become a cult film - not super-popular when it first comes out, but develops a devoted following that grows in the years after its release.

Re: Just how big?

Kristina :D
I was thinking that at first about it being a cult film,but with The Hunger Games becoming SO huge and this being "a prequel to the hunger games" I think they should be expecting a decent amount of anticipation for its release :D

Re: Just how big?

ItsThatTyGuy
Well the book has over 36,000 likes on Facebook right now, but I'm sure their are more fans than that.  And people would probably start getting into the books once the movie starts getting buzz (similar to the way Harry Potter, Twilight, and Hunger Games did).  And the book has received tons of good reviews and awards.  I think it could do pretty well at the Box Office.