It's been slow around here...

GiRhose
So I will post a question. One of the biggest parts of the book is about Clappers-and essentially, they make up a pretty big chunk of the plot. How deeply do you think the movie should get into the concept of the Clappers? How do you guys think the Clappers should be portrayed and brought introduced to the audience?
Nim

Re: It's been slow around here...

Nim
They should defiantly be explained properly and maybe shown with an example. I dunno, maybe they show a short scene of a Clapper in a public place, like it was a past event that happened a few years ago.

Re: It's been slow around here...

MaybeRisa
Well, I'm sure the producers will have to be conscious of the fact that the Clappers are terrorists. Since this is such a prevalent issue in today's society, it has to be handled carefully. The producers are aiming to make this a blockbuster, not a statement indie film. With that being said, I think Clappers are a very intriguing and significant part of the book, and I don't want them glossed-over too much.

Re: It's been slow around here...

JenniferWholly
Well, I think they need to go as deep into the idea as they can. Personally, I would be happy with an eight-hour movie that includes every detail of the book, XD, but I doubt the rest of the world would be willing to sit through that.
"Sometimes the only sane answer to an insane world is insanity."
-Fox Mulder, The X-Files

Re: It's been slow around here...

Noah"Ching Chang"Chong
MaybeRisa wrote
Well, I'm sure the producers will have to be conscious of the fact that the Clappers are terrorists. Since this is such a prevalent issue in today's society, it has to be handled carefully. The producers are aiming to make this a blockbuster, not a statement indie film. With that being said, I think Clappers are a very intriguing and significant part of the book, and I don't want them glossed-over too much.
Personally, I agree with MaybeRisa. I mean the producers can go as in depth as they want, but just not too much that the audience believes that this could just be another Blockbuster including terrorists.
"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.

-Bruce Lee

Re: It's been slow around here...

Junkburt
I agree that clappers make a statement raw. I also think this applies to lots of other parts of the book.

Re: It's been slow around here...

LegitUnwindLover

I agree with fangirleyes1516. They should take as long as they feel is necessary to get all the major and important parts included. Titanic was four hours long, and that's still incredibly popular. Length isn't a problem as long as it's entertaining throughout the whole movie.

Re: It's been slow around here...

LegitUnwindLover
My bad, I meant fangirleyes1615. typo :P

Re: It's been slow around here...

Kristina :D
I agree with mayberisa. If they want this to be a blockbuster they have to be able to deal with the issue of the clappers without scaring people off.