I Hope....

12

I Hope....

Anni
I really hope that movie builds up the characters well and makes it beautiful (if you will)- not just about the fear and constant running but also about the constant courage, strength, and love the characters show. P.S I would absolutely LOVE to be Risa! I also sincerely hope they don't tone down the terror the kids feel

Re: I Hope....

R.B.L
I would hope to see original actors/actresses.  I believe it will give more focus to the story itself.  This being better than having people see famous actors on the screen and simply thinking "Oh this is brilliant!" because of it.
A volte deragliare il treno del pensiero non รจ una brutta cosa.

Re: I Hope....

Kristine
I really do hope they hold some open auditions around the States. Personally, I would love the chance to audition for Risa. I read this book when it came out (signed by Neal!!! c: ) and I do think the readers should be given a chance to audition for the main parts. Who knows this book better than its readers, who knows these characters best? And I'd hate to see really famous actors and actresses, though I do know which ones I'd prefer if they didn't go with more unknown.

Re: I Hope....

HootOwl
I agree that it should be original actors and actresses, though the most important thing is that they can act.
I hope they include the things that made us think. The book never took sides on the topic of abortion, but it presented the arguments. It also contained the only pro-choice argument I have ever heard that made me think:
"Which was worse, Risa often wondered-to have tens of thousands of babies that no one wanted, or to silently make them go away before they were even born? On different days Risa had different answers." - Unwind, page 115.
It also pointed out a problem that is beginning in today's society: "Everyone was selecting their leaders not by their ability to lead, but by where they stood on this single issue" (page 223). I know this is happening today, and I'm pretty sure it's out of ignorance. People don't know how else to determine if a leader is any good, so they hook on to this single issue that they believe makes a person good or bad.

Re: I Hope....

outofthefloor
I agree that I'd love for open auditions to be held (or at least for the public to be allowed to schedule auditions). I've been following this website basically since it first started and I hope that it won't all be in vain. I personally wouldn't mind a famous actor/actress or two, but it would make sense to have them be the adults in the show; then new talent could be introduced and make the film seem more original, but it would draw in a bigger crowd and get more recognition and popularity with the big names.
"I regard the theatre as the greatest of all art forms, the most immediate way in which a human being can share with another the sense of what it is to be a human being."
-Oscar Wilde

Re: I Hope....

DivineSins
I would really like to see new actors, because 1. It would really introduce many new people to the acting world. 2. having only famous actors sort of defies the message that I'm sure Neal and the producers would want to create. I too, have been following this website since it opened and I really hope open auditions will be in all states/
I didn't choose to be the bad guy because it was fun. I chose it because it was either causing evil, or living it.

Re: I Hope....

Kristine
I know a lot of people that can act, but they'll go on undiscovered because the world of Hollywood doesn't make room for people that don't already have contacts. My mom knows someone that has contacts, and her son would have had a role in All the King's Men had the school cooperated with him. He /had the part/, but the school wouldn't let him postpone an important test. (If it had been me, I would have said buh-bye to school and done that movie XD I wouldn't have minded repeating that year later on.) But yeah, that's why I think they should have open auditions. I've seen this kid, and I think he'd make a great Connor. He's just the right age, too.

Re: I Hope....

GiRhose
I completely agree that there should be open auditions around the States and that the roles should be given to original actors/actresses. I'd personally love to be Risa, but it matters even more that the actors chosen to play the roles are actually capable of doing our beloved characters justice.

Re: I Hope....

outofthefloor
I'm going to die if the girl that ends up playing Risa can't act. ]:
"I regard the theatre as the greatest of all art forms, the most immediate way in which a human being can share with another the sense of what it is to be a human being."
-Oscar Wilde

Re: I Hope....

soccerstar
YES!! I really want open auditions in the States. I'm a huge fan and would love a part in the movie. I've been like stalking this site for probably over a year since I first found out about it. Unfortunately if they do do open auditions I live in western NY and probably the closest they would come to me would be NYC. I just hope new, good actors/actresses get the parts, because I love this book. I actually love all his books.

Re: I Hope....

DivineSins
Exactly! But I would be so angry if instead of amazing actors they chose people who can't act but rather closely resemble the characters. THAT would kill me.
I didn't choose to be the bad guy because it was fun. I chose it because it was either causing evil, or living it.

Re: I Hope....

MaybeRisa
I definitely agree!
Nim

Re: I Hope....

Nim
This is why I hate living in the UK - I want to be Risa too XP oh well.

I just hope that whoever they pick for the characters, the actors have read the book and gone through the adventure together, not just some Hollywood kid who's picking up a script because it's work.
Nim

Re: I Hope....

Nim
This is why I hate living in the UK - I want to be Risa too XP oh well.

I just hope that whoever they pick for the characters, the actors have read the book and gone through the adventure together, not just some Hollywood kid who's picking up a script because it's work.

Re: I Hope....

outofthefloor
Nim wrote
I just hope that whoever they pick for the characters, the actors have read the book and gone through the adventure together, not just some Hollywood kid who's picking up a script because it's work.
Could not agree more. The hipster I am (lmfao), I read the entire twilight series before it was popular. When they started making movies, I could not BELIEVE that the guy playing Edward hadn't read a single book. The movie.. more than suffered. Where, when you look at something like Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, the actors all successfully recreated the world of the novels and it was beautiful. If actors don't know what they're trying to create, the result is nonsense.
"I regard the theatre as the greatest of all art forms, the most immediate way in which a human being can share with another the sense of what it is to be a human being."
-Oscar Wilde

Re: I Hope....

Noah"Ching Chang"Chong
outofthefloor wrote

 The hipster I am (lmfao), I read the entire twilight series before it was popular. When they started making movies, I could not BELIEVE that the guy playing Edward hadn't read a single book. The movie.. more than suffered.

Where, when you look at something like Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, the actors all successfully recreated the world of the novels and it was beautiful.

If actors don't know what they're trying to create, the result is nonsense.
Haha you're hilarious and completely right outofthefloor. Pretty much half of the book to movie transitions in the theaters are horribly made because the actors can't come close to portraying their characters correctly due to the fact that they havent read the novel
"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.

-Bruce Lee

Re: I Hope....

JenniferWholly
I know! This book has such potential to be an amazing movie, and I REALLY don't want to see it messed up. They need to hold open casting, though. I'd much rather see a movie full of talented unknowns than a mess full of B-list teen sensations that can't act.
"Sometimes the only sane answer to an insane world is insanity."
-Fox Mulder, The X-Files

Re: I Hope....

Kristine
That's why the Harry Potter movies were so well done, I think. The actors had read the books. Of course, they were only 10-12 when they were cast, but they did get to reading them and they BECAME the characters. I want it to be that way with Unwind.

Personally, I don't think Twilight was well-written or well done movie-wise, but they were very true to the book and Rob did a spectacular job with a character he hadn't read. Twilight is very simple, though, it isn't that hard to "be" one of the characters, in my honest opinion. Unwind isn't at all simple, and the characters have some very deep thoughts. The kid who plays Lev ABSOLUTELY MUST read the book to understand his development.

Re: I Hope....

DivineSins
I totally agree! The book-to-movie movies where the actors actually read the books were so well done, even if the script wasn't totally close to the book compared to the ones where the actors couldn't care less about the books.
I didn't choose to be the bad guy because it was fun. I chose it because it was either causing evil, or living it.

Re: I Hope....

Haley
I completely agree with R.B.L!!!! I really want ot audition and it would be cool to see new faces and maybe ten years from now we could be saying, " Oh yeah! They started in Unwind and now they're an oscar winner!"
12