How to make difficult scenes

Junkburt
We all know how deep the book was, so in the movie, there is a fair chance that it will be hard to replicate some of those moments. For example, when Cyfy is feeling Tyler's emotions or when Roland is being unwound. I personally think think a good way to do the unwinding would be to show it from Roland's point of view until they get to his brain. Then, they could do flash backs with each memory being shown on a gradually fainter screen (just an example). Anyway, that's just me, I bet there are some way better ideas.

Lastly,  I really hope that in unwind, they still do it from the right point of view, I think that's something that could make or break the movie. What do you think?

Re: How to make difficult scenes

Kristina :D
I agree I think doing it from Roland's point of view would be the best way of going about it.

Re: How to make difficult scenes

Leighagirl
I think that when there are parts with Cyfi, and he is getting feelings from the person "inside" his head (Tyler), I think that it should be like what Cyfi is looking at, then it should flash to something different as he gets a memory, and then it could kind of be like really vague, and then back to Cyfi...

Re: How to make difficult scenes

ItsThatTyGuy
This is how I imagined the scene at Tyler's house when I was re-reading the book last month:

When Cy-Fi runs through the house, he passes a picture of Tyler to establish what he looks like.  Later in the scene when Cy is on the ground begging for forgiveness and not to be unwound, the camera pans around the back of someone (Lev, a cop, one of the parents, etc.) and then it's actually Tyler on the ground.  And then we would go back and forth between the two every couple lines, and eventually Cy is talking with Ty's voice to really symbolize the fact that they are one.

Re: How to make difficult scenes

HanaRose30
although that would be really cool, I think it would be cool to only see Cyfy as Tyler it could work either way but i think without a separate actor it is more grounded in reality and slightly creepier.

Re: How to make difficult scenes

Junkburt
I think the idea of blending Tyler and Cy would be great! It sounds like something the movie could do in making the scene more clear where in the book it seemed a little hard to decipher.

Re: How to make difficult scenes

GiRhose
Oh wow, the emotion in that could be so rip-your-throat-out ground breaking. It really sounds like something that would have an effect on viewers of the movie. It would really get the point across. I think that's awesome. :P