Here's a place to post typed out monologues (for sharing)!!!

Here's a place to post typed out monologues (for sharing)!!!

Cimone
Hi, guys! Here's a place to sort of collect all of the typed monologues to make them easier to share. I would love it if more people would perform monologues, and if you don't want to write your own or use a book scene, I'm perfectly fine with people borrowing mine. If you've written some that you want to share, this discussion is for that, too!

(In an eerily calm tone) I'm done. Some people think that people like me are sad, or angry, or scared, but I passed those a long time ago. Now I'm just done. With this world, with my family, with my “friends” if I ever had any...I thought for a while that  maybe it was all gonna be okay. Maybe I would just stay in the safe house system and survive to eighteen. But while I was in the safe houses, I met Vincent, the only person I've ever met who actually cared about me. He (pauses as if trying not to show emotion)...he suffocated on our way to the graveyard. The Goldens buried him like it was a joke. They laughed at him, but they got what was coming to them. Now, I don't care about anybody. Not even Cleaver. All he ever talked about was being “one of us”, but he wasn't one of us, not really. The only thing left to do is finish this, and that's why I'm here.  (looks around, waiting)I don't know what's taking them so long. I don't want to go first. (starts as if hearing a boom) Okay. This is for Vincent. This is for my parents. This is for the world. (raises hands as if about to clap)

Re: Here's a place to post typed out monologues (for sharing)!!!

Cimone
Lev monologue, tentatively titled "My Fault":

(Frustrated) I can't believe this. I can't...I...(Deep breath, then less frustrated) I don't know what to believe. Everything I ever have believed suddenly seems like a lie, or a deception, or an omission. If being tithed were my purpose, why would God have let me end up here?...But then, God didn't do this to me. I did it. I could have gotten away from Connor, but I ran when Pastor Dan told me to. I could have stayed with Connor and Risa, but I turned them in, and now they're probably in pieces, and it's my fault, and I can never take it back. I don't think unwinding is good anymore, but being what I am now can't be much better. When I saw CyFi bawling his eyes out, and those wretched people just stood there...I lost it. I could have killed them. Because what kind of people would lose all hope in their son, just because he stole some things and came home late for dinner a few times? What kind of people would voluntarily say, "We'd like to silence our teen forever."? (Pause) My parents. They spent my whole life knowing they'd give me up, and they tried to say it was a good thing. When Abraham was going to sacrifice Isaac, God sent him a ram. God didn't want to make a father sacrifice his son. But I guess my parents only read half of that story. They were lying to me, and to themselves. I think my whole life has been a performance, and now that the curtain's drawn, it's all over. (Manic, disturbing pause.) I think it deserves a round of applause.

Re: Here's a place to post typed out monologues (for sharing)!!!

alondez321
Dude, i just have to say...you're awesome at this. I may borrow one of your monologues!!

Re: Here's a place to post typed out monologues (for sharing)!!!

Sarah2233
Anyone have a good Risa monologue??

Re: Here's a place to post typed out monologues (for sharing)!!!

alondez321
Here's a Risa monologue that I came up. It's not fantastic but it's something :D

On Connor picking up the baby

I can’t believe he did this. Did the fact that we are now running for our lives not cross his mind?? The Juvey cops were right there we could’ve been caught with his “courageous” move. I don’t understand him, I feel like he’s treating this like a game. We can’t get caught, we cant get unwound. When he told us the story about the storked baby I…..I get that it’s what compelled him to pick up the baby and I guess I should be grateful that he said something because I never know what he’s thinking   but….it’s not the same baby!! He just doesn’t get that, he cant be risking our lives for something that happened years ago.. ..None of those years matter anymore. I mean they didn’t matter enough to stop them from choosing to unwind us right?? It’s not the same anymore.  And Connor can’t keep doing this. We don’t have options like that anymore, I cant let that happen again, I cant lose Connor!!.........*realization of what was just said*

Re: Here's a place to post typed out monologues (for sharing)!!!

Sarah2233
Thanks alondez321!  Will be making a Youtube video very soon!

Re: Here's a place to post typed out monologues (for sharing)!!!

alondez321
Awesome!! Can't wait to see it!!

@alondez321 thanks for the compliment! And yes, you absolutely may. (Sorry for the delayed reply. I need to keep up more with this forum, lol.)

Re: Here's a place to post typed out monologues (for sharing)!!!

Cimone
Connor Monologue--"That Kid"

I know how you feel. It's not easy being "that kid". The one who's always in trouble. Every time a teacher gives a bad report, your parents shake their heads. Soon, they just expect the worst. When you're little, you hear them apologize to new baby-sitters, saying "He's a little rough around the edges," or "We're sorry you have to watch our bad kid." That's just where the labels start. Bad kid. Troublemaker. Unwind. AWOL. Well, you chose that one for yourself. And the great thing is, from here on out, you get to make choices. Are you gonna whine, or try to make things better?

Re: Here's a place to post typed out monologues (for sharing)!!!

Emily Gulley
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Here's a place to post typed out monologues (for sharing)!!!

Cimone
Bump.

Re: Here's a place to post typed out monologues (for sharing)!!!

Cimone
Here is my Risa monologue.

(Brief note about this monologue: In the original, the notes listed in parenthesis are played on the piano. If you have a piano, or a piano app on your phone, you can use that. But if you don't have that, or are more comfortable without it, you may whistle or hum the first two notes, and then skip the rest. Here's a link to the original, in case you want to see how they are played: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWr9o05iVsY )

Risa: "I'm a Number."

My name is Risa Megan Ward, and I'm a number. That's right. Two parents who, for whatever reason, didn't want me, and I ended up in a State Home. Number 23. Isn't that special? And my name: Risa. It's name number 4031. I bet Rosa was born right after me. And then I had ten years of piano lessons and about nine and half years of American history. That's where we learned "that all men are created equal". That they are "endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights". That "among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness". The Declaration of Independence. But see, it only means that people have inalienable rights. Numbers don't. So, if you're between thirteen and eighteen, then all you are to them is two kidneys, two lungs, two hands, a bunch of brain cells. I don't know how many; I didn't get to that part of bio. And then of course what sealed my fate was five mistakes. Five. After ten years of playing the piano, I made five mistakes. The first one was something like this. (B-flat.) But it should have been this. (B-natural.) After that, that was all I could hear. I was just (b-flat) trying to play the rest of the peace, (b-flat) trying to honor it because it's Chopin, (b-flat) but this was all I could hear (b-flat). And of course the awkward transition (b-flat, b-natural, a-natural). So that's me. That's 4031. I'm not the best piano player. But the thing about numbers is, they don't always have to cooperate. You don't have to be a number, just 'cause they say you are. You can get out, and that's what I'm gonna do. It may take me a thousand more days, but I'm gonna turn eighteen.

Re: Here's a place to post typed out monologues (for sharing)!!!

Cimone
The official required monologue for Ariana is this one. Here's a link if you want to see it performed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaPPzJtY_Ps&feature=youtu.be

Ariana: "I Can't Just Go", written by Meara McNitt and Annie Wilson

(Ariana is packing to run away. Suddenly, she hesitates, looking at a photo of her family.) No. No. Don't do this. You want to...you want to do this. You want to be with Connor. (Pause.) But I can't just leave them. I can't just go. (Pause.) But I already told Connor that I was going. He's counting on me. But I mean, he could do it alone. I mean, I'm not being unwound...and I can't be a fugitive. Mom would kill me. But if I don't go, they'll kill Connor. Is his whole life resting on me? No, no. I'm not the one being unwound. Why--why should I leave all this behind? Why should I risk my life? (Pause.) Because I love him. That's why.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Here's a place to post typed out monologues (for sharing)!!!

Catlynmarrie
First self written monologue any constructive criticism?

Confessions of a foster child

  I was only 12 when it happened. When my world came tumbling in on top of me, in this case it wasn't the world, it was a man. You see, since I was 5 I went from home to home, I've been in the system as long as I can remember really. They placed me with a man I thought would take good care of me, his name was Dave, such an innocent name for the devil right? I was happy there for a short while until the night of October 10. He came home after one to many and stumbled his way into my bedroom. I knew as he crawled into my bed and held my mouth shut that my whole world was about to change, but I didn't prepare for the worst. This man, the man who was suppose to take care of me, the man that was suppose to protect me now has my throat in his hands and my life is on the line. My vision started to fade as I tried to fight off this 6'3", 250 lb man who finally let my mouth go long enough for me to let out one pathetic attempt to scream for help. As I was just about to let out another scream he hit me and hit me until he was sure I wouldn't wake up ,each hit harder than the last, I gasped for my last breathe of air as the punch that would surely kill me and take me away from the world that didn't love me was about to collapse my skull. This man was not my father, he had no intentions on being it either his only intentions were to kill me. At this moment I learned what true fear was and I stared the devil in his face that day.

Re: Here's a place to post typed out monologues (for sharing)!!!

jesbelz