Has anyone read Shusterman's Downsiders?

Has anyone read Shusterman's Downsiders?

numra
Well this article reminded me of that book: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/2651937/The-people-living-in-drains-below-Las-Vegas.html

It's about a group of people (estimated to be up to 700 people) that live in the sewers of Las Vegas. I never thought that something like this could actually happen...
You can't change laws without first changing human nature.
You can't change human nature without first changing the law.

Re: Has anyone read Shusterman's Downsiders?

Kristine
It's my third favorite Neal book! (Unwind, of course, is first, and Star Shards trilogy is second, welp).

I really love it. And I didn't think it could actual have a basis in reality, either. Learning something new every day!

Re: Has anyone read Shusterman's Downsiders?

R.B.L
I do believe this was the first book I ever read by Neal Shusterman. My family used to give me random books they would find. One day I was sick and just reach for the book. The cover made me curious and as soon as I started to read it, I couldn't put it down. The twist is, I didn't connect it to Shusterman until later on in my life when I saw it again on a website or something about his books. So until then, I really thought that Dark Side of Nowhere was the first book I ever read by him.
A volte deragliare il treno del pensiero non è una brutta cosa.

Also, cool article by the way. Fun part about it is that I think Neal has family in Las Vegas. Curious, yeah?
A volte deragliare il treno del pensiero non è una brutta cosa.

Re: Has anyone read Shusterman's Downsiders?

numra
That is cool! Maybe that's where he got the idea for Downsiders, through his family or when visiting them or something...
You can't change laws without first changing human nature.
You can't change human nature without first changing the law.

Re: Has anyone read Shusterman's Downsiders?

R.B.L
Or maybe Neal used to be one.
A volte deragliare il treno del pensiero non è una brutta cosa.