Dont mess this up!

Hopeful
Hi, i just wanted to bring attention to the fact that this movie will undoubtedly be a hyped up movie, as movies usually are when they are coupled with their originated books. I think that the violence shouldnt be cut or toned down at all. I dont think that the actors should be really popular ones like Alex Pettyfer or Selena Gomez. Many dont take them seriously because of their previously judged opinions. On the other hand, one actress i feel strongly about being involved in this movie is Hailee Steinfeld. She would play an amazing Risa. Most other actors should be unknowns. Please take my opinion into account! Anyone else agree?

Re: Dont mess this up!

MaybeRisa
Eh, Hailee Steinfeld is already going to be in a movie based off a book. She's going to be huge, so people would look at her in Unwind and say, "Oh, it's Hailee Steinfeld!" Not, "Oh, it's Risa!"

I agree with you that the violence shouldn't be cut, but there isn't all that much of it anyway.

Re: Dont mess this up!

Kristine
I doubt it's going to be toned down - Neal wrote the screenplay, so we should have nothing to worry about. He knows his fans, I don't think he'd do anything that would upset them like that.

On the other hand, I want completely unknown actors. Or if they're like Jennifer Lawrence - who I had never even heard of until X-Men: First Class and never payed attention to until The Hunger Games. (Not now, of course, she's huge now. But before she was huge and well-known.)

If they do choose a well-known cast, I want them to be the typecasted actors/actresses that get their chance to shine as something different. For example, Gary Oldman had been typecasted as the villain until Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. After that, we see him as a family man (for example, Batman Begins/The Dark Knight). Obviously, he's talented, but not many people had noticed before he was Sirius Black. Or Emma Watson, who many people have typecasted as a bookish goody-goody (she's going to be Belle in a new Beauty and the Beast movie). She's expanding her boundaries and is Sam in The Perks of Being a Wallflower, the complete opposite of the bookish girl people see her as. So even though I see Emma as Hermione, I'm going to be able to see other acting abilities Emma possesses.

If any of that makes any sense. I'm not entirely sure.

But yeah I'd much prefer completely unknown actors. And I'm not worried about the book-to-movie screenplay, so.

Re: Dont mess this up!

sanfranhan99
Well, you cant argue that the violence there is a key element to the book, the actors should be unknown cuz it calls more attention to the real story, but also, if anyone saw the Hunger Games, I thought it should have some of a day in the life feel (kinda like the Hunger Games movie did) Like when they switch around the points of view of the characters, you can't tell what they're thinking through a screen. It should feel like a documentary about these people, but also an awesome movie!...I guess that went kinda off topic.

Re: Dont mess this up!

JenniferWholly
Agreed. The violence will probably show the brutality that it did in the book, but I'm hoping this doesn't turn into some bad action movie. And unknowns (or mostly unknown people) would be my ideal choices. I think it would add a very interesting indie element to the movie if most everyone was unknown, and did well with their parts.
"Sometimes the only sane answer to an insane world is insanity."
-Fox Mulder, The X-Files