Casting.

12
Nat

Casting.

Nat
So I haven't been present in a while. I've been busy with real life.. Which sucks.. But I used to be a huge part of this fandom - I believe I made a popular thread once or twice before - So… I'm making a comeback… Again…

I've noticed there is a brand new influx of new fans on the boards. Which is super cool. Welcome guys. Hope you're enjoying yourselves here.

So I wanted to make a topic that we can discuss casting from within the Unwind community and from outside of it. A place where we can be realistic and maybe make a motion for people within the fandom/ from outside the fandom/ established actors of who we really want too see play our beloved characters and maybe lobby it towards Marc and the other producers, Even Neal.

I've seen stuff like this happen before, especially with book to film's i.e Nick Bateman for the Ugly Love novel. People saw him as the lead guy and he was eventually picked up to be the lead. What's great about this story is that Nick had never played a lead in a hollywood film, from what I remember he'd been in shorts and some T.V commercials as well as being a model. So that's cool it shows we have people whom have just looked great for the part and had talent become these big names stars.

So I think as a community on the boards if we can come to an overall decision on whom we think would be best for the part, all personal feeling aside - This is hard to do when people really want the roles and they're in the fandom, like obviously you're going to want yourself for the role. - But if we had to make a choice on who was right for the role, look-wise, talent-wise ext who would they be?

Please suggest yourself but do not take personal offence if someone doesn't agree with you. What I want us to do is make a list of actors everyone can see why we've picked. I.E they're talent, commitment ect.

I hope this makes sense to everyone and we can have a cool, calm, collected discussion about the actors and the unwind movie.

Re: Casting.

Emily Gulley
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Casting.

Emily Gulley
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Nat

Re: Casting.

Nat
Emily, To be honest. I think you have something. It's small but it's there you just need to keep working on it, You're not wrong when you said you don't have the experience/Strength of Cimone or Annie but that doesn't mean you won't get there. I really want too see you try a Miracolina video, and really explore her character and the torments she goes through. Your age is an advantage for you, use it. At the moment you're not how I see Risa, look-wise or acting-wise (Not saying you are not good). I can see how you'd be able to get there with work, but at the moment you're just not there for me.

Everyone know's I'm a huge Annie fan (TBH I wasn't at the start but she proved herself and grew on me.) I do honestly believe she is one of our strongest choices, I don't know if anyone else has her on social media but I do and I'm literally watching this girl who I've been a fan of for the longest time blossom into this crazy amazing actress. She's in this film called Bad Romeo? or something atm and she's getting a Brazilian fan base by the looks of things and I feel like I'm just sitting here watching something magical happen. Like a girl I know has actual fans and I'm just here like  So yeah I think Annie is one of our strongest choices for Risa because she has got that step more of experience than most here. Not that, that should discourage anyone!
May

Re: Casting.

May
While I think we'd all love to play Risa or any of the roles (myself included) I'd have to say Annie would be my top choice either for Risa, or to just be in the film period. She has been a apart of this random for years, has always been good but continues to get better, and now has built up more fans and acting experience. Also, Neal and some of the other people involved in the film are aware of her, which makes it more realistic. I'd honestly be so happy seeing her in the film.
Nat

Re: Casting.

Nat
Totally, and I don't want to discourage ANYONE by anything that is said on this board, but I just thought it'd be a good idea if we could all rally and get someone/people we actually wanted into the film! Like how cool would that be!

Another choice though, Tyler Holtzman for Hayden… Or just like anything. I love Tyler.

Re: Casting.

Emily Gulley
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Nat

Re: Casting.

Nat
No worries, cannot wait to see it. Hopefully then we'll be able to say;

Emily for Miracolina

and make it a real thing :D

Re: Casting.

Cimone
Great idea, Nat! If we're united on this, it will be helpful.

I agree with you about Annie. She's blossomed into an amazing actress. I'm 100% willing to support her if that's who we go with. She's capable of playing the best Risa possible.

But I also like myself for that role. I hate to be all awkward, but I don't know how else to say it. Of course, this is an open discussion, and I will not be offended if I'm not chosen. I love to act, and to tell stories, and I would love to play pretty much any female role in this series (i.e. Bam, Grace, Hannah, whoever).

For Mai, I have a list, so I'll rank them.
1. EmmaJoy (fandom)
2. Cortney (fandom)
3. Ashley Argota (established actor)
4. Alise (fandom, new)

As for the other characters, I need to think about it a little more, so I'll try to come back tomorrow. (It's 11 pm here, lol.) But, if we get a few choices for each role, maybe we can all do rankings. Just a thought. :)

Re: Casting.

Cimone
@Emily, you're very talented. At first I thought you were more of an Alexis than a Miracolina, but then I remembered that Miracolina is way more feisty. You've shown excellent feist (if that's a word) in your Risa videos, so I think Miracolina would be a good fit for you.

Re: Casting.

Sarah2233
I will admit that Risa is a wonderful character, and would be lovely to portray.  Though, I'm always up to trying anything once, so I just keep my mind open when it comes to this topic.  I can also agree with Cimone that there are multiple great female characters within the world of Unwind, who would be fun to portray and/or audition for as well.  For anyone to receive an audition in general in this community would be amazing, but it's obviously up to the casting directors, so the more the merrier for parts I always say.
Nat

Re: Casting.

Nat
Cimone, I have always wanted you to make a Bam video. I think you would rock as Bam could you please make a video as Bam? PLEASSSEEEE. Like Emily, I cannot see you as my Risa in my head however I would not in the slightest be upset if you where to play Risa. You've shown amazing potential and you are an amazing writer and just round-a-bout great person.

Sarah, have you thought about Ariana? I don't know how to say this without it possibly offending, so please don't take offence too this. You remind me of a Kylie Jenner fan, you know a girl who is all about Kylie's beauty and wants to match her in every aspect. - Once again don't be offended it's a good look and you are a very pretty girl - and you just scream Ariana too me. To be perfectly honest, you seem way to pretty to be Risa too me, like… you're just super pretty and I would totally watch you walk down the street and be like, how can I copy this girls look… I didn't want that to sound super creepy but it did. haha.

My Hayden is Tyler Holtzman.
My Emby is still Matthew.

Re: Casting.

Emily Gulley
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Casting.

Austin Winters
Thanks for the warm welcome! It's good to see we have another person back on this forum
-Austin

Re: Casting.

Emily Gulley
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Casting.

Cimone
Thank you, Nat. You're a sweetheart.

I'll definitely make a Bam video soon. It could work. :)

Re: Casting.

Sarah2233
That doesn't offend me (or sound creepy, haha) at all Nat, thank you for the nice comments:)  I think Ariana would be a cool character to portray/audition for, especially since she potentially comes back in Unwholly as being caught.  I'll try reading as her in one of my videos.

Anyone interested in reading as Connor in an Ariana/Connor collab?
May

Re: Casting.

May
Ahhh how could I forget Cimone? I also want to rally behind her for a role in the movie, because she's absolutely amazing, and can kill monologues (thank you Cimone for supplying everyone with such killer words)!

My fandom favourites would have to be Annie, Cimone and Tyler. I also love so many of the choices for Mai, so it's hard to choose just one.

Re: Casting.

Halliemae
personally, i have always seen myself as Risa, even while reading the first book. i have not made a video yet though, because i am trying to find out how my monologue is going to sound and what emotion i want to portray in it.
i don't know when this monologue will be up for people to see it, but when it does get up, i hope that some of you will tell me what you think about me as Risa.

Re: Casting.

Cimone
@Sarah2233: I think it'll be really cool to see you try playing Ariana. That seems like a good fit for you. But what do you mean when you say she potentially comes back?

@May: thank you.   (Side note: You're welcome.  )