A couple of musts in the movie?

Kat

A couple of musts in the movie?

Kat
I don't know how many people are still on this discussion board since not many updates have appeared, but I'd like to come in a say a couple of musts for the movie (at least in my point of view). I find that a lot of times that YA novels turned into movies aren't always the best, but I have a lot of hope for this because it is my favorite book serious.

I'll just name some things I'd like and wouldn't like in the movie:

- I don't know the budget of this film, but in case it is significant, please no Jennifer Lawrence or that other girl that is her ripoff (Shailene Woodly).
- That being said, please avoid using the same actors used in every single YA film (more specifically the Maze Runner because I see those kids everywhere). I feel like new faces would make the movies seem more real.
- Please don't erase cultures. Some characters are specifically NOT WHITE. I'd like it if it stayed that way.
- I would like it if Risa was Hispanic. She does think she may be Hispanic and it would be cute if the actress was too.
- This book has BIG scenes. Big settings, lots of kids. I'd love it if those could stay in and they don't get cut.
- Please have faith in this movie and push on! I'm so excited for what will come from it!

Re: A couple of musts in the movie?

Alesia
Nothing cleche. Musts of the movie? The scar marks on people. the different tones of skins on one people's The small features of the characters. Ofcoarse the shark tattoo. Dont forget small scenes like when risa was at the salon or even connor with his ex girlfriend. Of you cut out small things it ruins the whole thing. We wanna connect with the charcters in the movie just like we dis in the book. idk what else. I just hope things arnt missing in the movie. And im super excited for it. Been following for 4 years.

Re: A couple of musts in the movie?

jesbelz
welli agree a 100 percent with you, but if you see it in your head then in real life expectation might not addup to the expectation you see in your head. we can't make everybody happy. maybe we should just pull this movie . if people can't decide. maybe a better book. ofr each indivual view of the interpretation of the movie. i  mean pulling it won't be that bad.

Re: A couple of musts in the movie?

Sally
jesbelz -- It's silly to suggest pulling the movie because potential viewers won't all be totally happy with some of the actors or the scenes.  This can be a BIG movie series, one movie for each book as each has a lot to tell, and leaving out or combining books would be a tragedy for we readers.

I agree that we shouldn't have any big name actors, but I mostly hope you stay true to the story.  An example of NOT staying true to the story line and ending up with a movie bomb is "Enders' Game".  The book had such a big following, but those making the movie changed up everything from the age of the main characters to pairing Ender up with Petra when it was Bean paired with her in the original story. There was no point to changing that up.

Also, Connor and Risa have a whole lot to accomplish in each book.  PLEASE don't give them a sexual relationship in the movie.  The sexual tension between them in the book is delightful, but having them actually "do the deed" changes them too much.  BTW, I'm a 67-year-old grandmother who LOVES the entire Unwind series!